pre-made roll out or homemade pie crust
1/2 cup flour
1 stick butter, or 1/2 cup, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, roasted
1/3 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
pre-made jarred caramel sauce, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast chopped pecans in preheated oven for 5 -7 minutes, or until fragrant.
2. Combine sugars and melted butter in a large bowl. Whisk until well-incorporated. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add cocoa powder and whisk until incorporated. Add flour and salt, whisk until incoportated. Add vanilla and whisk again.
3. Roll out pie crust in a pie plate. Trim and crimp edges. Pour brownie batter in pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Pie is done when toothpick is inserted into the middle of the pie and comes out clean.
4. Just as soon as the pie comes out of the oven, top with chocolate chips, pecans and caramel. Warm caramel first in the microwave before drizzling on top of pie.
Note: Not being a fan of eggs, I reduced the amount from 3 to 2 and it turned out fine. Up to you :) Instead of using caramel sauce I opted for the readily available maple syrup.
now everyone MUST cook.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
1 1/2 cup milk
4 egg yolk
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tbspoon butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Heat the milk on the stove, and in a bowl mix the egg yolks with sugar and salt.
2. Pour in the mixture into the heated milk.
3. Mix 1/2 cup of milk (a separate one) with cornflour. Pour into the above pan.
4. Boil on low heat (never leaving it) til it's thick.
5. When it's thick enough, remove from stove and mix in the butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
Friday, May 14, 2010
- Half a chicken
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- Soy sauce (ermm..about 1/2 cup kot. Pandai2 la bajet)
- 4-6 Potatoes (depends on the size)
- Huāgū mushroom (or flower mushroom. You can also use the other kind of shiitake mushroom if u like,dōnggū)
- Ginger (about 1 inch long). Thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed with the skin on)
- Marinate the chicken with the pepper, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- In a pot, combine all the ingredients, along with the soy sauce and all.
- Add in some water until the pot is full, and then cook until the liquid is reduced to 3/4 or half of the pot. Or until the meat is tender.
- Eat with rice or on it's own. If u like it hot, eat it with cili padi. Yum! :)
Posted by asma.isma at 12:52 AM
- If u don't already have daging ayam yang dicarik, rebus n after dah siap, carik guna fork.
- Slice The cabbage and cut up the carrot. Some people like the veggies in their coleslaws to be in cube shape, KFC style. So it's up to u, really to cut or slice the cabbage n carrot anyway u want. (Maybe I should rename the sandwich to Up to You Sandwich. Huh) You might not want to slice the cabbage too thin though. Or u won't be able to taste it like what happened to me.
- Mix the chicken, cabbage n carrot together in one bowl with some mayonnaise. Add a pinch of salt n some pepper. Kacau until they're properly mixed. And then add in the black pepper.
- Spread it on a slice of bread n voila! Dah boleh makan :D It can also be eaten on its own.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
Posted by aliaaa at 1:49 AM
Saturday, January 23, 2010
:o cook-a-rama is updated???
Let's make some pancakes this fine weekend morning.
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup fresh milk
3 tbsp oil/melted butter
1 egg - beaten
butter for frying (if needed)
1. Mix well the following: plain flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix fresh milk, oil/melted butter and egg.
3. Pour the second bowl into the first. Mix a bit.
4. Fry using a non-stick pan. Thus no oil is usually needed.
5. Pour the batter in spoonfuls - the pancakes are small. When the upper part is bubbly it's ready to be flipped.
6. Eat whilst hot! with butter and jams and honey and delicious stuff.
Posted by aliaaa at 11:13 PM
Saturday, August 22, 2009
assalamualaikum kepada rakan-rakan seperjuangan ku sekalian...
oleh kerana aku masih belajar dan tidak bercuti serta menetap di asrama, elok juga la kirenye rakan-rakan membantu aku untuk memberi idea-idea bernas bagaimana untuk memvarietykan sahur dan iftar ku di asrama. ingin ditegaskan bahawa kehidupan di asrama sangat la menyedihkan ketika bulan puasa kerana bahan yg boleh digunakan utk memasak adalah sgt terhad. jadi, sudi lah sekiranya kamu membantu aku yang seperti benang yang tersimpul memikirkan bagaimana utk makan makanan yg menarik walaupun di asrama. oh tapi, jangan pula segan silu utk meletakkan resipi biskut-biskut raya yang lazat-lazat. sesungguhnya biskut raya mempunyai tenaga dan kuasa mengindahkan raya dan perut-perut anda..hahaha.
sekian sahaja warkah kali ini..terima kasih!
Posted by ejanas at 12:28 AM